Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Gotta start somewhere


Pregnant beauties, unique labors, cuddly newborns, exhausted mommies, yes I am crazy about them all!  I'm a passionate person in general, and most things I enjoy I do so intensely, but I have a passion that has been burning stronger and more fierce over the past few years.  Birth. And all that surrounds it.  Why do I love it?  Many reasons.  But the main one is personal.  It transforms me into someone I wouldn't normally be.  I'm your typical Type A, gotta have everything in order kind of girl.  I like schedules, I like time lines, I like predictability.  I'm the choleric, loud footsteps, hands on hips, take charge, reformed control-freak (yes, reformed because I'm getting beyond this!)  Change and spontaneity are not my favorites. Pregnancy, birth, and mommy-hood = seriously uncomfortable unpredictability for me. Over the past few years, my birth experiences brought me outside of my personality in ways I never knew were possible.  Why am I starting a blog?  I hope that my personal thoughts and experiences will be something for other women to relate to.  I want women to know they are not alone in the whirlwind of all the positives and negatives of this motherhood thing.   I have so much inside, this seems to be a good way to get it out!  And you know, I have a dream to write books "one day."  I've heard from several well-known women authors that they wrote their first book when their kids were young, even when they had a nursing one.  I guess I'm a little behind, but I'm going to start with a blog and see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment